Seth Green Trail

Seth Green Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Rochester, New York that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

The views here were great and my husband really enjoyed exploring the cave. But it is the city of Rochester and there were several syringes laying on the ground when we got out of the car. Freaked me out a little since we had our kids with us.

Wilderness in the city! You can get waterfront access to the base of the lower falls via the fishing access trail, then take the seth green trail to woods, completely wild seth green island and an expanse of river rocks that makes you feel like you're out west. If you live in the city, it's a pretty great experience.

The trail itself is really cool for being located in downtown Rochester. But it's also located in downtown Rochester, so if you're trying to have a true wilderness experience, I wouldn't get your hopes up. That being said, still an awesome trail! The cave is the best part.

I found this place on a website called NY Falls. This place was under "Norton's Falls." After posting pictures on Facebook, I had a friend tell me she didn't go here due to suspicious activity, etc., which is why I'll give it 4 stars. My car was the only one in the lot , and the only person we saw was in a wheelchair at the senior living center. When we left, there were some fisherman pulling in. The trail zigzags down to the Genesee River, with a moderate gradient. If you plan on scaling the falls, I would consider this a difficult trail. There is a cave that is accessible, which we didn't go through, if you're feeling adventurous and have a good flashlight you could probably go in. Oh, and bring some good footwear that is okay to get wet. Down by the river, you can see the 104 bridge, with a beautiful reflection on the water. The falls tricks down into a rock bed, which is also fun to climb on. We went late morning. There is a sign when you enter the trail stating the trail was once frequently used by Native Americans. I hope that this place stays clean and remains safe for anyone that wants to explore this beautiful hidden gem in Rochester.