Rocky Point Trail

Rocky Point Trail is a 10.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rocky Point, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A great 9.5 mile loop! Very well marked, (a couple of tricky spots, but nothing serious) excellent single track. For the most part it is fairly flat except for one hill. There is never really anyone else out there. I have ran it many many times now and will continue to do so. Trails are buffed out, no roots or rocks. Just watch out for chiggers and ticks in the summer time. Spray bug spray all over socks, sneakers, legs and the rest of your body. Got a bad case of chiggers when I didn't spray myself in August. Otherwise, you should be good. No hiking/running in January, firearm hunting season

Theres a sign at the beginning that says something like "hunting permitted from October to April". Really? An environmental conservation area where people hike and bicycle is also a hunting ground? Yes, some of the trail markers and signs are blasted with buckshot holes. But as a biking trail, it's enjoyable. Probably a lot more adrenaline inducing after October 1st though, when some kid with a 20 gauge shot gun could mistake you for a deer. I'd go again.

I would never consider this a moderate trail -- it is flat and easy. There are lots of small, inconspicuous, as well as major trails off the trail shown on this app. They are fun and circuitous, but I would recommend a GPS if you are going to try this, as the area is large and you could get lost.

great trail, I've done is many many times ,,great combination of hills it could be as hard or as easy as you wanted to be... hiking trails throughout

Pretty good for biking

Awesome

nice trail but it's gotten a bit sandy in some areas of the trial. overall I like the trail but it needs to be marked better I prefer cathedral pines over this

What has happened to my beloved rocky point post sandy. A lot of sand and erosion. A new section by campsite that's tough to ride over. It's like a hilly furrows material. Don't like it as much as I used to. Would probably opt for cathedral pines when I'm out there. Only drawback is the cost to ride cathedral.