Rocky Point Trail

Rocky Point Trail is a 10.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rocky Point, NY that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Theres a sign at the beginning that says something like "hunting permitted from October to April". Really? An environmental conservation area where people hike and bicycle is also a hunting ground? Yes, some of the trail markers and signs are blasted with buckshot holes. But as a biking trail, it's enjoyable. Probably a lot more adrenaline inducing after October 1st though, when some kid with a 20 gauge shot gun could mistake you for a deer. I'd go again.

I would never consider this a moderate trail -- it is flat and easy. There are lots of small, inconspicuous, as well as major trails off the trail shown on this app. They are fun and circuitous, but I would recommend a GPS if you are going to try this, as the area is large and you could get lost.

great trail, I've done is many many times ,,great combination of hills it could be as hard or as easy as you wanted to be... hiking trails throughout

Pretty good for biking

Awesome

nice trail but it's gotten a bit sandy in some areas of the trial. overall I like the trail but it needs to be marked better I prefer cathedral pines over this

What has happened to my beloved rocky point post sandy. A lot of sand and erosion. A new section by campsite that's tough to ride over. It's like a hilly furrows material. Don't like it as much as I used to. Would probably opt for cathedral pines when I'm out there. Only drawback is the cost to ride cathedral.

These trails are best with a hard tail 29er. I bring my full suspension cannon dale when I come out to visit my inlaws so I can get away and ride but it is not needed for these trails. Completed the entire loop in about two hours. Not very technical, a lot of the same smooth single track as manorville hills. I would give rocky point the slight advantage due to the variety and challenge of navigating.

Road this trail for the first time with my wife, daughter and friend and all I can say it was a great experience and look forward to riding it again. Being newbies we were very content completing the ride. The trail is marked very well which made the ride that much better.

Great trail. Love the halfway point with the fast downhill with all the twists and turns! What a rush

I'm ready to start mountain biking again, can't wait for rocky point, this is one of my favorite trail around. Back about three year ago I did the loop including all the black diamonds in 79 min. How is going to beat that?? Jaja.. Let me know how you do..!!!

Awesome trails. Love them. A good loop is 20-25 mikes long. Take every mogul possible. They're great. I travel 35 miles just to ride these trails.

Kicked my butt! Very confusing at least for the first time. Did about 18 miles got lost at mile 12. Needs more signs. Got a few ticks on me but flicked them off while riding. Bring lots of water! Moderate black diamonds but coupled with the distance it was tough. Happy trails!

Hike was really great! Make sure you bring the bug spray and make sure it had DEET in it!!! The ticks were abundant, and that is an understatement.