Red Sandstone Trail

Red Sandstone Trail is a lightly trafficked loop trail located near Potsdam, NY that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Amazing experience. Would definitely go again

This is a good one for running or biking. It's still quite new and is so smooth it practically seems paved. Pretty nice views too, though not quite "rustic" enough for my tastes.

It was wonderful. It follows the river most of the time and starts down by the Stewart's now so the whole track is about 2 miles. It is great for kids as my 4 year old tagged along and we were able to take the double stroller down the trail for my 1 year old and my 4 month old. It is very well kept with few hills and quite a few little fishing spots. Lots of wooded areas as well with quite a bit of small wildlife, squirrels and birds and such. All and all it was a wonderful little walk and my children really enjoyed themselves.

It was a very beautiful trail. It took me about 4 hours to complete round trip. It is mostly along the river the whole way. I would say it is definitely and easier hike if you want something down tempo for the day. It was still a good workout.