Ooms Conservation Area Loop

Ooms Conservation Area Loop is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Old Chatham, NY that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Open conservation area with loop trails FEATURES 180 acres 3 miles of trails Rolling grasslands, pond, pastoral landscape, Catskill mountain views, and mixed forest Benches and gazebo Great for birdwatching Excellent fishing at the 35-acre Sutherland pond

Beautiful and peaceful place. Nice easy hike. Great for families. Nice area to sit at the top and overlook the pond.

Beautiful area with lots of open space to view the distant rolling hills and mountains. There are many benches along the way along with some nice wooden bridges and a gazebo at the top of the highest hill. My 3year-old daughter walked the whole way, and we brought my dogs along as well. I have hiked here several times since.

I enjoyed my time here. Lots of up and down hills, portions of fields, and bits of woods. Very peaceful.

We live nearby and come here regularly for walks, picnics, relaxing. It's very pastoral, and I personally think it's the prettiest of the county land conservancy's properties. To the reviewer who questioned the miles, there are a few different trails.

Very pretty pond. Not sure it was miles tho. Seemed shorter.

Enjoyed a few nice family hikes through this preserve.