Noonmark Mountain Trail

Noonmark Mountain Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Keene Valley, NY that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

I did this a few days before hiking the lower great range and in my opinion noonmark had better veiws than any of the peaks on that trail. Me and my brother actually took the noonmark trail by accident mistaking it for the begging of the Dix mountain loop. Initially we were pretty disappointed and spent most of our time on the peak wishing we were on a taller mountain . Looking back however this was a great veiw. Pretty Moderate hike with some steep sections, we got up and down pretty quickly.

The views from the top of Noonmark are to die for with some strenuous sections of steep broad rocks. We walked up Noonmark many years ago and, on a recent return visit to Keene, set out to hike up again having decided to try the loop that takes you down the long way - towards Round Pond and then cutting off of that trail back toward the parking lot. Big mistake for us. The 3 1/2 hour hike (up and back) turned into 7 hours. The last stretch of the loop is fairly level but very rocky. Beware!

I am not sure how this trail got its moderate rating but it is hard. From the moment you get on the trail it is an upward climb sometimes very steep. A few rock scrambles, open face rock climbing and relentless ascending. It was all worth it as you get 3 scenic views on the way up and the summit was amazing. The trail was very busy but never bothersome and the summit is big enough to accommodate. Make sure you are ready for a workout.

We loved this hike! My boyfriend and I took his dog and it took us about 2 hours to summit. It starts out relatively easy but definitely earns it moderate rating for the last mile or so. The view is absolutely spectacular with 360 degrees of numerous high peaks. The dog did great minus a couple of areas we had to do a little hand off where there was a small ladder and where the rock was too tall for her to jump up. This hike is perfect for a half day excursion and is just challenging enough where you still feel like you got a good hike in even though the mileage is short. We didn't do to loop, we just hiked in and out because we were short on time and weren't sure how long going down the other way would take.

Not sure how this trail got it's rating, but it's not easy. It's not a High Peak, but the accent is very steep in places.

Fun trail! Did it Sunday November 22nd, 2015 beautiful day. Icey at the top beautiful 360 view.

As a female solo hiker, I don't consider this in the easy category, only because of the last maybe .4 miles. The rock scramble is not so bad at first but I was too short to reach a handhold, spent about 30 mins trying to get up this one spot, unsuccessfully. Then tried to figure a way around to no avail. Needless to say I will be doing this hike again, but not solo