Myosotis Lake Trail

Myosotis Lake Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rensselaerville, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Huyck Preserve has 12 miles of trails open to the public daily dawn to dusk. Trails snake along the Rensselaerville falls, meander through peaceful old-growth forests, circumvent both Lake Myosotis and Lincoln Pond, and wind through several 80+ year old pine and spruce plantations. Come for a visit and Hike the Huyck! The Huyck Preserve offers 12 miles of trails for hiking (skiing and snowshoeing seasonally) open dawn til dusk year round for public use. Lake Myosotis is open to the public for kayaking and canoeing as well as fishing. Trails loop around Lake Myosotis and Lincoln Pond, through woods, fields and wetlands, and above and below the Rensselaerville Falls which cascade over 120 feet.

great spot falls in winter are cool

This was a nice family friendly kind of hike. I did this one with my wife a while back and we really enjoyed it. We started at the trailhead off Pond Hill Road and the PVC pipe instrument that someone had built right there was a nice touch. Cool way to start it off! Views of the lake were nice all around, especially along the western side. The only negative I can mention is that we had a lot of difficulty trying to follow the example track on here once we got to the welcome center at the south end of the lake. Somehow we ended up on a private road for a bit before getting back on the trail on the other side of the lake. Going by other people's recordings, it seems like the best bet is to back track a bit to the overlook spot and turn the other way there.

Easy but nice walk. Beautiful color this time of year & we thoroughly enjoyed the trails. Well marked & easy to follow.

Beautiful!

whole preserve is beautiful. nice little hike, make sure and check out the falls!

great fun

A great trail system that is easy for all. I can't wait to go back in the fall to see the change of season.

Very nice. Me and my daughters hiked this trail. Wish we had parked in a different lot, one closer to the waterfall. We will go back again and park closer!,

I love the Rensselaerville Falls at the Huyck Preserve! Fairly easy hike (I've gone with my 4 year old). Trails are well maintained, watch out for lots of tree roots though. Beautiful falls!

beautiful out there. nicely maintained, very cool trail. offers lake setting, ponds, dams, falls.....very happy i had a chance to go out there

Beautiful. It has very nice walking trails, marked very well and has beautiful scenery. There is a creek, a lake and a waterfall. It is an easy walk. Great for everyone!