Mullet Loop Blue Trail East

Mullet Loop Blue Trail East is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rock Hill, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

Great views, bridges over the Mullet Brook and Wolf Brook. Access to the Neversink River with ample opportunities for trout fishing. ATV accessible by permit. Well marked trails. Hunting, Hiking, Fishing. Very high bear population and thick mountain laurel so not recommended to hike alone.

Clean and well marked trails. Steep and rough terrain at some points.

first time to this hike. beautiful area overall. cool rocks to hangout on down on the neversink. due to spending to much time down at the neversink and the extreme heat. i didnt make it to the falls. but i will be going again as soon as i can. best part is this area is only 15mins from my house. i took the "blue trail east". terrain and ascends and descends were tougher than expected although very doable when you take you time and pace yourself. overall i loved it

great trail. great workout! beautiful waterfall

fun, beautiful waterfall, lots of side footpaths to explore

Took our dog on this hike and it was beautiful! Trails were lightly trafficked and the mountain had several different terrains. We would definitely go back!

(ALERT-TICKS) April 29 2016: We walked the trail today and everything positive everyone has written about this trail is true and we enjoyed much of it. The yellow trail walk to the river is beautiful and we ate lunch there.
1)The entire hike was much too long for my kids who are beginning hikers and young. There are many side trails to explore but we felt we didn't have time with their low energy.
2) we thought we heard gun shots as we walked up from mullet river about half way through the loop.
3) My husband found a tick on his leg while at a stop and I saw one near my daughters shoe on the ground when I went to help her tie it. This was on the last mile of the red trail loop. We checked ourselves on the spot, before getting in the car and then again before a shower and I found a tick behind my sons ear.
I feel confident that we removed the tick properly and that it had not been on him very long but we will watch the area and check in with pediatrician on Monday.
NOTE: The red trail loop in this area at this time seems quiet infested with ticks. I've never seen a tick on a person (only pets) nor have I seen them just on the ground as I did today, so please be careful and dress properly if you choose to do the entire loop.