Mullet Loop Blue Trail East

Mullet Loop Blue Trail East is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rock Hill, NY that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

Great views, bridges over the Mullet Brook and Wolf Brook. Access to the Neversink River with ample opportunities for trout fishing. ATV accessible by permit. Well marked trails. Hunting, Hiking, Fishing. Very high bear population and thick mountain laurel so not recommended to hike alone.

Clean and well marked trails. Steep and rough terrain at some points.

first time to this hike. beautiful area overall. cool rocks to hangout on down on the neversink. due to spending to much time down at the neversink and the extreme heat. i didnt make it to the falls. but i will be going again as soon as i can. best part is this area is only 15mins from my house. i took the "blue trail east". terrain and ascends and descends were tougher than expected although very doable when you take you time and pace yourself. overall i loved it

great trail. great workout! beautiful waterfall

fun, beautiful waterfall, lots of side footpaths to explore

Took our dog on this hike and it was beautiful! Trails were lightly trafficked and the mountain had several different terrains. We would definitely go back!

(ALERT-TICKS) April 29 2016: We walked the trail today and everything positive everyone has written about this trail is true and we enjoyed much of it. The yellow trail walk to the river is beautiful and we ate lunch there.
1)The entire hike was much too long for my kids who are beginning hikers and young. There are many side trails to explore but we felt we didn't have time with their low energy.
2) we thought we heard gun shots as we walked up from mullet river about half way through the loop.
3) My husband found a tick on his leg while at a stop and I saw one near my daughters shoe on the ground when I went to help her tie it. This was on the last mile of the red trail loop. We checked ourselves on the spot, before getting in the car and then again before a shower and I found a tick behind my sons ear.
I feel confident that we removed the tick properly and that it had not been on him very long but we will watch the area and check in with pediatrician on Monday.
NOTE: The red trail loop in this area at this time seems quiet infested with ticks. I've never seen a tick on a person (only pets) nor have I seen them just on the ground as I did today, so please be careful and dress properly if you choose to do the entire loop.

This trail is definitely scenic with the opportunity to see a few waterfalls. We went in February so snow was melting which made some parts slippery so you should definitely wear appropriate footwear and take caution. There are some parts where you will need to go across a small stream of water via rocks. At a moderate walking pace it took us 2 hours to complete the whole trail and come back. Parking area is very small and only allows about 5-7 cars to park at once. There are several inclines, the longest being right as you come back and are coming to the end of the trail-- I would rate th difficulty a medium overall.

This is a great loop. Don't miss an offshoot down and back to the Neversink River and definitely don't miss the Mullet Falls. The falls are truly what makes this 4 mile loop worthwhile. It really isn't marked. Follow my recorded track of you want to make sure you get to it (off the trail down and back). I'm also uploading a picture where I mark t with a red arrow. Hate reading that people missed these great falls!

This was a great little out and back hike for my younger Scouts. The second of the wooden bridges was a bit sketchy, as it is falling down, but we were able to traverse the water without too much issue. The fall foliage was in full color, and the side hikes down to the Neversink River were worth the extra time. I recommend this hike for beginners and people with younger hikers with them.

Fairly easy hike, there is a trail off the loop path that takes you to the falls. The falls are impressive as is the river down below.

This is a beautiful little trail which leads to a really nice waterfall and swimming hole. I'm a trail runner and it's a great trail to run as well. A little rocky for running but doable.

Terrible walked 3 miles in on blue trail where it then narrowed to a nothingness trail - no waterfalls nothing...on the route first mike we could see the never sink river way below us but the trails aren't market to find falls and on register over 30 hikers commented not finding falls either. So after 3.5 hours of hiking we don't think we will go back to this trail. Someone should at least have signs to the falls - info at trail head sucks no indication of yellow foot trail and or red trail...just happened upon them with no indication of where they would lead... We are experienced Hikers and this sucked.

Nice hike to the waterfall. Moderately easy hike with kids in tow.

Great year round hike! Also possible to see the Falls without doing the entire loop which is uphill and moderately challenging but fun.

The waterfall at the end is absolutely pristine and beautiful. I was running so it was a great place to stop after three miles before the return run. For trail runners this is very doable but it is rocky and treacherous in places but don't let that stop you. A great run and an enjoyable day. Can be buggy put on some deterrent!