Mount Wellington Trail

Mount Wellington Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cooperstown, NY that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

3.5 miles Loop

Directions from Cooperstown, NY: Travel 8 miles north along Route 31 to the park entrance. After passing the ranger station, travel over the bridge and continue to the large lot across from Hyde Hall. Park there. The trail begins along the west side of the park road.

It happened to be a rainy day today (we just got back) but it was still a very nice hike. There is definitely an elevation gain, and I don't know if I would call it easy, but that may have been because of the rain. It was sloppy and slippery more than half the time. The trail takes off right near Hyde Hall in Glimmerglass and circles up and over the mountain, coming back down near Tin Top.

Saw a couple of does pretty close :) and brought home about 4 ticks :(

We had our golden retriever with us, dogs are allowed on a leash no longer than 6 feet and a ranger actually asked. We saw hoofprints up there, so someone was riding today.

The board at the trailhead said it was a 2 mile hike, here says 3.5. I didn't "measure" but it was definitely closer to 3 than 2!