Mohawk-Hudson Bike-Hike Trail

Mohawk-Hudson Bike-Hike Trail is a 36.8 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Albany, NY that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking and is accessible from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

36.8 miles 1372 feet Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

Easy to use paved trail. Perfect for biking, walking, jogging. 36 stretch of bike path. Perfect for walking, jogging, bike riding. Lots of spaces to have a picnic, bird watch, and to view the wild life. Hardest part of the trail is there are some large hills where you have to get off your bike and walk it down. It crosses the road in multiple areas.

Loveee this trail. One of my favorites

Very pretty and pleasant. I go often after work and there are always lots of people out. There are a few sections that put your on residential roads that aren't optimal. Otherwise, it's perfect. Great for dogs.

Great bike path! Usually go from Rotterdam Junction to Scotia or Fort Hunter to Amsterdam. i highly recommend. Nice places to stop along the way.

Very nice path.

I love this trail for running!

Great for running

This trail is great for biking, walking and running - we have enjoyed many parts of the trail from Albany through Schenectady and beyond. There are many spots along the trail where you will see trailheads into side trails - some are actual public trails and others are not so look for the signs. There are many spots with picnic tables, benches and views and many access points as well.

it's an alright bike way not much privacy or solitude can be found on this bikeway... but if you're looking for a non stop easy ride the trail is perfect, it has nice scenic spots and it's not too buggy... in the corning preserve area I recommend not traveling through there after dusk.

I have walked the sections between SCCC and Kiwanis Park in Schenectady so many times that my husband just couldnt' stand it anymore! This is a nicely paved pathway that has on and off views of the Mohawk River. People roller-blade, walk, run and bike on this trail. From SCCC to Lock 8 is a nice route with some short hills. The paved pathway twists and turns so you don't always see the river. This section tends to be busier too. Start at Lock 8 and head toward Kiwanis Park-nicer section. You see the river for quite a bit, cross over a small wooden pedestrian bridge, by an old rock wall and then curve around toward a natural habitat that the DEC set up a couple years ago, that has changed significantly since the floods. You do have 890 on you're right, which may not be pleasant for some people. Kiwanis Park is a perfect stop off. It's right on the river with plenty of picnic tables to rest, snack or eat lunch at. If you continue past Lock 8, it is very straight until you cross 5S. The section from 5S to the Railroad tracks, I typically avoid. There are some aggressive geese about halfway down this section.

I've also down sections from Niskayuna Train station to Lock 7. I found this section well maintained but way too straight for my liking. Walking it seemed like the path to nowhere. The scenery was alright.

I've also down Lock 7 toward Blatnick Park. Well maintained. The hill is quite steep and long but the views of the Mohawk River are beautiful from that elevation. Past there is alright, but nothing special.

The section near the Rexford Bridge is tricky to find but is a decent section with beautiful scenery as you travel up a significantly long incline. As you get to the top, you'll be near the Niskayuna soccer field.

The section past the Boathouse along Maxon Road was quite buggy when I walked it last fall. There really was not much scenery and the trail was flat. For walking, that was boring, but for biking, I'm sure that makes it much easier.

I have biked this trail regularly. It is a paved trail. The section I have spent my time on runs from Albany to Watervliet. Most of my time on this trail have been in the mornings during the week, little to no people since most are working. One of the benefits to my work schedule.

try Little Falls ny moss island.. history ice cave scenery rock climbing water sports .....