McCoord Woods Section - Crescent Trail

McCoord Woods Section - Crescent Trail is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Pittsford, New York that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Decent hike. Could hear cars from the highway. Pretty difficult to find parking. We eventually parked at the crescent trail entrance on Garnsey Rd. Orange trail was nice and led to the overlook of Bushnell Basin.

Nice quick hike

If u follow the orange trail, not a loop...plan on a long out n back. Marked very clearly for first few miles, then not so much. A good workout, plenty of steep ups n downs. Overall a great hike.

Sucked. Forgot bug spray and got eaten alive. Gave two stars because the trails were nice, steep at times, but well marked. There wasn't a map on location so I wandered pretty aimlessly. Probably wouldn't go back, not any nice sights.

Nice trail but the traffic noise from I90 ruins it a little bit.

I had a hard time finding a place to park but when I did ( I parked at Kreag Rd. Park ) it was a great hike! Like other people mentioned- very hilly!

Good trail. One of the better marked trails in the area. You can get 5 miles easy if you do the ENTIRE southern portion of Crescent trail down to Moseley rd and back. We actually started at Moseley and went up past Garnsey then turn around after realizing if we went all the way to Kraeg Rd it would've been more like 10 miles.

Steep hills! Super fun!

You have to cross Garnsey and do the north section to Kreag Rd to get 5 miles. We usually just do the South climb to the view at the Woodcliff. It's neat to see our neighborhood across the valley, plus the view of Rochester is unique. Would rate it at moderate since it's not flat.

Beautiful area, and friendly people Were the highlights. The trail has decent trails that are well worn due to the fairly high traffic through the many short hiking trials. The difficulty label of Hard is inappropriate because the climbs were not challenging enough for this rating. To achieve any distance you will have to continually intertwine trails, while retracing your steps, or doubling back over, no fun. I thought that it would have been much more challenging than it was. I left disappointed.