Lemon Squeezer

Lemon Squeezer is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tuxedo, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Left one car at the Elk Pen at Arden Valley Road and one car at Tiorati Circle

Great day walk. Park at Elk Pen. We turned it into a two day explore hike. Took this train to right and ended first day at Island Pond. Great swimming. Next day walked AT to LT to Elk Pen.

Hiked the loop in early December with my dog...great loop

One of my favorites

This hike was challenging from the beginning with a steep uphill climb from Elk Pen. I would recommend a pair of good hiking shoes because the trail is very rocky throughout (and poles/walking stick make a difference too). Sadly, we had to turn back around after walking half way down the white bear trail because we were losing daylight. Next time we will definitely plan to be out on the trail early and pack a lunch to relax for an hour. Overall, it was a great hike and we loved the challenge- definitely will be back next season to complete the entire loop!

Awesome trail and the views from the top are incredible.

Long day, but worth it. Great views. I am a beginner so it's the longest one I have done but loved it. Highly recommend.

rock climbing

Wasn't ready for all the rock climbing--"hike for your mother's birthday" is how my parents framed this to me--but it was a really cool experience! Not sure if I'd take a dog on the rock climb though. There are 90* fully vertical ascents that it would be hard to hold a leash during.

Took the AT from Elk Pen to the lemon squeezer loop, then back again. Nice trail, there is a rocky pass with an "easy way" around but if you like bouldering (I do) the "hard way" is a fun little climb. I did this trail with some people who had tricky knees, and there are some steep and long downhill sections that gave them both trouble.

Fun hike. Kids love it. Sucks with backpack on!