Keuka Lake Outlet Trail

Keuka Lake Outlet Trail is a 13.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dresden, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

clean and clear pathway.hiked 11 miles perfect day walk..did have to remove ticks when we got back.

Great walking trail. Well maintained with a great waterfall view

Easy walk or bike ride with unique scenery

easy trail to walk along, not all that exciting

I started walking at Dresden and only made it a mile and a half in. For me personally it was a scary place. It's beautiful but I just couldn't bring myself to walk further in. And I also got a mild rash on my legs from when I walked through the bushes to see the water. Maybe if I do decide to do it again I'll wear pants and not go alone.

Awesome trail for hiking, cross country ski and horseback riding. Very scenic and peacful.

I love this trail, very pretty. The first time I went, I just parked at one of the parking areas near the falls and walked some of the trail. The second time, I started at the Penn Yan end of the trail and rode my bike to the falls. I have to go back and complete the trail starting at the Dresden end.

This is an easy, mostly flat trail with beautiful water alongside for most of the way, and interesting old buildings at various points. You'll probably be left with questions about their history when you're done, and the trail's official web site has historical links to study later. If you want to skip the paved portion in town, go to the Cherry Street parking lot and hike east from there. Even if you don't do the whole trail, it's worth getting as far as Seneca Mills & Falls. It's gorgeous and there's a shelter with tables made from old stone grinding wheels. The visitor center doesn't look like much of anything ever goes on there, so don't get excited about that. NOTE: The web site says the trail is closed due to storm damage. But when I hiked (November 18, 2015), there was no indication that it was closed.

This is one of my favorite walks in the Finger Lakes. Unfortunately, I've read recently that the trail is closed due to some damaging storms this year. Keep checking for re-opening or, if you live in Upstate NY, volunteer to help out clearing the trail! It is one of my favorites because of variations of what can be seen on the very easy walking trail: starting at Birkett Mills, a mill know for its buckwheat products, in the town of Penn Yan (worth a walkabout of this charming village on Keuka Lake) The 7-mile trail goes between Penn Yan and Dresden on Seneca Lake. I have walked the whole way once, but the best part is from Penn Yan to the cascading falls in the middle. I have posted some photos of a long ago hike when we lived in NYS..

My wife and I loved the ride

Great trail. A lot of intreasting things to see along the way.

This trial is is about 13 miles round trip. Very well maintained and if you go early, you might enjoy this alone. This is a must do if you're in the area.

Awesome trail right near town along a river. Great for jogging and hiking or snow shoeing. Lots of entrances along Outlet road. Near the Milo mills rd entrance there's a rope swing and some rocks and it's nice to swim in summer. Buggy in summer. Pretty flat and wide trail.

beautiful trail, lot of old mills and small falls to see, and a variety of wildlife