Inspiration Point and Boulder Rock Trail

Inspiration Point and Boulder Rock Trail is a 4.4 mile loop trail located near Tannersville, NY that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great to do with dogs - watch for a couple of drop offs at the trail edge near boulder rock. Hikes quickly, with moderate effort. Gorgeous, gorgeous view from boulder rock.

Great hike to do with dogs. Nice views along the way. Boulder Rock is a great spot for lunch before heading back. Trailhead is across the road from the parking lot even though it's not noted on the trail sign.

I agree that this is moderate- with not much flat ground (lots of roots & rocks) and some incline, it wasn't that easy for me but we completed it- a couple inexperienced hikers and 2 dogs! The hike wasn't named the same as on this app- it was the Blue Trail (or Escarpment on the map.) It took us 3.5 hours with lots of stops for pics. BEAUTIFUL lookouts!!

Great hike and really good views. Boulder rock view is perfect. Good spot for lunch. Trail markers are well laid out for this trail, however finding other trail heads sometimes a bit confusing.

Wonderful hike.. Just a few caveats. We weren't sure where the trailhead was:,it is just across the street from the parking lot. We had no trouble finding our way but not sure whether the 4.4 mile loop included Boulder Rock. Things are very well marked but was uncertain which pieces of the trail would lead back to the parking lot. Since I have 2 hip Replacements, I gauge what I can do!

Great trail! Easy to follow and to cut across trails within the park. Mostly flat, a couple of steep parts. Wide open trail, great hike! Beautiful views, also.

I've done this trail from both South Lake starting near the Catskill Mountain House sit and from the Scutt Road parking lot. Either way is nice. Great view from Inspiration Point and Sunset Rock. Then just past Inspiration Point I saw the exact view of Kaaterskill Clove that Albert Bierstadt painted which now hangs in the Vassar College art museum.

Started at schutt rd parking area and took the blue trail markers across the road. It was 90 degrees and humid but we were prepared. Moderate hike and planned on turning back near the firefighters monument. Luckily my girlfriend pushed me to continue to inspiration point. The views are incredible. We had the dogs with us and took the horse trail back. Some small rock scrambles and proper footwear is a must. Top 5 hikes that I've done in the area.

Fairly easy hike. Was cloudy so didn't get great views of the Hudson from the old Catskill Mountain House.

Hiked here with 2 moms and 3 kids, ages 7 or 13, for 4 hours. Satisfying views at lookout points. A very moderate trail, with plenty of rocks on the trails, a few bridges to walk over, babbling brooks, and cool boulders. Parked off of Scutt road (a right hand turn) which is just below the DEC booths for North-South Lake State Park. Study the trail map near the parking lot then follow the blue trail to Inspiration Point and then Boulder Rock. We stayed on the southern loops/trails. Will come again to do the northern loops to get to North Point. We brought plenty of water and snacks. Picked up only one piece of trash. Highly recommended for families or friends who want to go hiking for fun, and exercise!

My friend and I intended on taking a short hike, but it was so beautiful we just kept going!

One of my favorite places in all seasons. Great views all around. Love it! Less crowded in the colder months!