Indian Kill Nature Preserve Trail

Indian Kill Nature Preserve Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Schenectady, NY that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An easy beautiful hike for dogs and small children. No trail markers, although easy to get around. Water all around, small waterfall with a foot bridge. Boy scouts were maintaining the trail the morning we hiked. Some drop off ledges where we had to hold our two year old twins hands are present.

This was beautiful! Trails are well marked and maintained which was helpful as I had my 4 year old in tow. I am definitely doing this again!

Nice walk. Easy enough my two pups could do it!

Trail was easy and tranquil, lots of dog poop on the trail

Took the dog for a quick hike on this cute trail and had a good time! Well maintained, slightly hilly. Stuck to the 1st loop and found a cute little sitting area towards the end, which is perfect for a little study/meditation spot. Keeping to the 1st loop allowed for a hike of just about a mile, which is just the right size for a beginner like me!

Recently hiked the Red Trail aka the Claire Schmitt Trail up to where Third Falls is located with a group as well as the Yellow Trail. Steep in places but still easy, and the red and yellow trails are well marked. It does look like at certain times, you will not be able to follow the red trail past Third Falls to Second Falls depending on how much rainfall the area has gotten recently.

The trail was ok came across a widow maker on back side of trail also a big tree across path .Unfortunately most of people was crossed paths with weren't very friendly will not return for that reason

Great place to walk my dogs! Beware of the prevalent poison ivy on the lower trail towards the biggest waterfall.

easy hike for 4 and 2 year old, though we didn't go the entire way

Props to the folks that maintain the trails. They are well marked and an easy walk in the woods. Wear bug repellant or be pestered.

This was my second trek. Glad it was solo, gave me the opportunity to leave the marked trails and splash a little in the water, re-fresh-ing!

Did get a little turned about but the app. and some friendly folks got my turned right. Time for a rest and liquid refreshments.

Beautiful hike. There is some up hill down hill inclines. But there are wooden steps to help get up and down. Took my daughter and dog here. Absolutely loved it.

Easy, but pretty and accessible