Huckleberry Point Trail

Huckleberry Point Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Platte Clove, New York that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and birding and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great out and back hike. We were on the trail after a small snow storm so it was a bit wet/slushy. Mostly uphill on the way up to the hike so proper water-resistant shoes necessary and it was a bit slippery uphill and downhill at some parts. The hike led to a beautiful overlook that really made the hike. We had 3 dogs with us who did great on the hike as well.

Wonderful moderate hike, we brought both our dogs and they enjoyed it as well. If you have weak ankles you might want boots, it's rocky in places. The view from the top is gorgeous, especially now with all the fall colors.

Beautiful hike! Enjoyed the fall foliage!

Moderate hike with only a few challenging portions with great views from the end. Great hike for a families.

Gorgeous views, medium hike, 3 hour round trip, easy to follow trail for the most part, go up red and blue trail and right at yellow follow to huckleberry point

I loveee this hike. A moderate climb but the view of the valley and the first slopes of the Catskills is truly wonderful. My only drawback is that the trail is not always very well marked. Regardless, a beautiful hike and one that I think about often. I found it in my AMC book "Best Day Hikes in the Catskills and Hudson Valley" which has been incredibly helpful and I would highly recommend it! This hike is an excellent introduction to the Catskills and I only saw one other person on the trail. A peaceful, rewarding hike!

This was a great first hike in the Catskills! The trail was up and down, and not too hard. A little steep at points, but well worth it once you get to the vista. The view is beautiful!

It was an amazing experience trail is moderate

steep climbs but great trail, good workout and beautiful view off the first footpath

My two sons (11 and 12) and I finished the trail today. We had rain the day before, and it was very wet for 3 or 4 places on the trail. Very rocky especially on the initial “road” trail.

Not for the faint of heart, but not horrible either. This was the first “real” hiking trip with my two sons, and they were able to accomplish it very easily, but good for someone who wants a good all around hike .… steep parts were very steep, flat parts were nicely flat, roots, trees, rocks, cliffs, other hikers of all ages (I saw a dad carrying a 3-4 year old and a baby in a pack). Well hiked, we saw almost 30 people between ascent and descent. And the views are incredible.