Myosotis Lake Trail

Myosotis Lake Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rensselaerville, NY that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Huyck Preserve has 12 miles of trails open to the public daily dawn to dusk. Trails snake along the Rensselaerville falls, meander through peaceful old-growth forests, circumvent both Lake Myosotis and Lincoln Pond, and wind through several 80+ year old pine and spruce plantations. Come for a visit and Hike the Huyck! The Huyck Preserve offers 12 miles of trails for hiking (skiing and snowshoeing seasonally) open dawn til dusk year round for public use. Lake Myosotis is open to the public for kayaking and canoeing as well as fishing. Trails loop around Lake Myosotis and Lincoln Pond, through woods, fields and wetlands, and above and below the Rensselaerville Falls which cascade over 120 feet.

This was a nice family friendly kind of hike. I did this one with my wife a while back and we really enjoyed it. We started at the trailhead off Pond Hill Road and the PVC pipe instrument that someone had built right there was a nice touch. Cool way to start it off! Views of the lake were nice all around, especially along the western side. The only negative I can mention is that we had a lot of difficulty trying to follow the example track on here once we got to the welcome center at the south end of the lake. Somehow we ended up on a private road for a bit before getting back on the trail on the other side of the lake. Going by other people's recordings, it seems like the best bet is to back track a bit to the overlook spot and turn the other way there.

Easy but nice walk. Beautiful color this time of year & we thoroughly enjoyed the trails. Well marked & easy to follow.

Beautiful!

whole preserve is beautiful. nice little hike, make sure and check out the falls!

great fun

A great trail system that is easy for all. I can't wait to go back in the fall to see the change of season.

Very nice. Me and my daughters hiked this trail. Wish we had parked in a different lot, one closer to the waterfall. We will go back again and park closer!,

I love the Rensselaerville Falls at the Huyck Preserve! Fairly easy hike (I've gone with my 4 year old). Trails are well maintained, watch out for lots of tree roots though. Beautiful falls!

beautiful out there. nicely maintained, very cool trail. offers lake setting, ponds, dams, falls.....very happy i had a chance to go out there

Beautiful. It has very nice walking trails, marked very well and has beautiful scenery. There is a creek, a lake and a waterfall. It is an easy walk. Great for everyone!

nice trails that are maintained and well marked , did the trail from parking lot to the falls and back , definitely will be going back for the other trails

Loved the trail, beautiful lake view and stunning waterfall. Can't wait to go back to explore it more.

Well maintained, quiet and great to do with my 11year old. Also features a picnic area on east side of lake that is accessible by hike or car. Seasonal beach with swimming and kayak/boat rental.

Nice trail system and waterfalls are amazing... Had fun ... Will be coming back soon.

This is a common ground for me as it is my favorite place to take my dogs for a walk as there are many spots for them along the way to get a drink and cool off. I also think it is a wonderful trail because you can choose to go all 12 miles or you can make it shorter and no matter what it is beautiful and fairly easy so it's really recommend for anyone that wants to just get out and breath in some fresh air. this place also holds a beautiful spot in my heart as my sister got married at the base of the falls.

I hiked here with my grandson, sister, and my 82 year old mother. This place has the most beautiful waterfall and the trail climbs up to the top. It is not that far and not that difficult as my mother was able to do it. It is only 12.5 miles if you decide to continue on to hookup and around the lakes past the waterfall.