High Falls Cat Mountain Trail

High Falls Cat Mountain Trail is a 19.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wanakena, NY that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

Loved it!!!

This is a really fun, very easy trail. I did it as an overnight in mid-July 2015. The western half of the trail was EXTREMELY wet. My feet were soaked for at least 8-10 miles. We did the loop clockwise and started on a late Friday afternoon. We spent the night at Janacks Landing on the shores of Cranberry Lake and finished the hike on the second day. Janacks is a great campground. The lean-to is in excellent shape and there are 3 or 4 other tent sites within 50 yards.

If I were to do the hike again, I would take 2 full days so I could get in some fishing. I would stay at High Falls camp where there is another great lean-to and several tent sites. There is one camp right below the falls that is amazing. We swam in the pools at the top of the falls and the water was glorious.

The hike is definitely doable in 1 day, but not if you want to be able to stop and "smell the roses". I'd recommend 2 days just to not feel rushed at the 4 or 5 really pretty locations on the trail.

This link to YouTube is a great video about the Loop Trail.

Things to remember - 1. Prepare for wet feet. 2. Bring bug spray 3. Bring an ultralight trout rod if you like to fish.

Directions are wrong. It's 3 to 61 to S shore drive.

This trail is great, but would be more fun taking multiple days to complete it. One part of the trail was pretty much under water, this was fairly close to the end/beginning of the trail (depending on which trail head you start on). Overall very beautiful.

Amazing trail, some good campsites along the trail. There are a few places where beavers have damed up parts of the trails but simple to get around. If you follow directions from the app it don't take you to the trailhead, if using a GPS look up south shore road.

Not a bad hike nice camping area couple tough spots but overall fairly easy

Nice easy hike differnt trail conditions due to weather very enjoyable.

Awesome view! Great hike!

This trail was amazing. Lots of diversity when it came to the hike. I personally thought it was easy. I would recomend this hike to anyone interested in tge hobby