Green Lake to Round Lake Trail

Green Lake to Round Lake Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fayetteville, NY that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

walking is great. scenery is awesome. people are friendly and respectful of others. dogs are all well behaved

It was very pretty, the lake was so clear and pretty. The trail wasn't difficult. there were a lot of people walking with dogs

beautiful and peaceful. rent canoe or kayak. great for kids or just adult

not the greatest recommendation being that its a public lake and yet I had to wait until 11:00 am to swim with my little one. 11:00 is a bit late in the am to be opening up.

Great

Cute trail if you wanna go for a jog. Quiet and peaceful.

Great place to hike. Nice scenery. Several different trails to choose from. Nice 3 mile trail around Green and Round Lake.

Beautiful.

Green Lakes is nice for a day at the beach. They've got grills and a great playground right by the swimming area. As far as hiking.. it's more a beautiful walk around the lakes. We have found that the lake is not great for fishing, bikes are not allowed on the trails, and you can rent a canoe but can not launch your own. It tends to be fairly crowded. Overall we do love Green Lakes as it is our local "go to" beach.

very well marked.

I ended up on this trail when I could see the water from a trail at a slightly higher elevation and decided to hike down off of the hill. I only ended walking about half of it, but what I did see was really beautiful. The reef is really intriguing and on the sign discussing the reef, it says not to walk on the reef to protect it, however there were several people in row boats coming up and slamming into it and using it as a place to anchor their boats, which I thought was pretty counteractive. Feet are a lot less harmful than boats and ores.

One of the things I really did not like was the fact that it costs $8 to enter the park. I have been to several state parks where the parking is free, or at maximum $4. After driving through the entire park I'm not entirely sure why it costs so much, because it doesn't look like the money goes to much of anything.
I also was kind of disappointed that in such a "family friendly" environment there were all sorts of trails and shortcuts to/from other trails that weren't labeled.

If you're looking to go hiking, I definitely wouldn't look for it here.. and if you're looking for a quiet place to admire nature, this isn't the place either. There are so many people you can hardly focus on the environment and the fact that the water is so beautiful. I feel like this park has the potential to be so much more than it is.

This is a very heavily utilized park; if you are looking for some nice views and don't mind the traffic, this is the place to go in Central New York. My favorite hike is to take the Green Lake trail to the Tween Lake trail to the Round Lake Trail loop connect back to the Tween Lake trail and complete the loop around the Green Lake Trail.