East Setauket

East Setauket is a 11.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near East Setauket, NY. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for trail running and mountain biking.

Intermediate to advanced with 6 miles of optional diamond loops, featuring difficult hill climbs.

This trail is extremely fun! I started mountain biking a few weeks ago and its my new sport and this spot is my favorite! The first day the drops were scary, but by the third day I felt I had them under my belt almost perfectly, like others I too also walk some parts only because it can be rough, but take your time and its a perfect roller coaster on a bike. Highly recommended for all levels as there are blue squares, diamonds and double diamond trails. Some do run into each other but be careful and its enjoyable all around!

Starting to get a bit overgrown. Otherwise good.

This location has several sections that can be ridden and timed in chunks. There are several trails to bailout altogether or just rest and try again. Some parts are more challenging than others. It is a great place to test yourself and your equipment. I like to challenge myself in sections and time my progress. I live nearby and return often. There are still parts I have not been able to master, but I have watched others conquer parts I still struggle to climb without walking.

First time on this trail. Definitely the most challenging I've ever been on! Did a few of the black diamonds, and they were pretty tough, although I only started mountain biking 6 months ago so I'm still pretty new to it. The first part of the trail was the most fun. After that it was just hard:-) Will be back to have another go.

I rode this trail for the first time yesterday. It's a nice trail, very tight, not very friendly to the wide handlebar crew. The times I had problems on this trail was getting between the trees. The hill climbs weren't too bad, although I had to get up out of the saddle to make it up a few of them and once I had to walk. I got lost trying to bailout early, it was getting late. I followed a sign that pointed to the bailout but was soon on a snake trail that met back up with an earlier portion of the trail leading the opposite direction. That could definitely be marked better. With a little more time, I would have done laurel hills portion. Want to go back and knock that one out.

Today was my 1st time there. I was warned about some of the hill climbs and found out the hard way. Had to get off my bike and walk 4 or 5 times. Its about 14 miles long including all the black diamonds. Mostly hill climbs obe after another. Rocky downhills as well. I def need to get used to the trail but i will also ride many more times. Rocky Point is a lil more up my alley. Bring a full Camelbak and a extra set of lungs lol.