Doubletop and Graham Bushwhack

Doubletop and Graham Bushwhack is a 16.9 mile loop trail located near Livingston Manor, NY and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Crystal clear Brooks, Views, Wilderness Area, Trailess Area, Spruce Summits This hike is not recommended for those not in shape and are not good with map and compass. This hikes started out on the Pine Hill West Branch trail (Biscuit Brook). I followed the Biscuit Brook trail all the way to the property line just before Big Indian Mt. Then I took a bearing to Doubletop. Once on Doubletop I found a herd path that I took right to the summit. After signing in the Canister I took a bearing to Graham Mt. This was the toughest stretch due to the thick spruce cover and ledges above 3500ft. Once lower down I encountered steep wet slopes and thick beech tree cover. Eventually I made it to the summit of Graham and its old weather station. I then headed back to Doubletop were I decided to follow the herd path to its end on Doubletops southern ridge. Then I took a bearing towards Biscuit Brook. Another tough stretch due to the steep ravines. Eventually I made it through and back on the rd to the PA. The fall colors are starting to show.

Great hike, didn't bushwhack it, but started off millbrook road. Cut off the trail before the fire tower. The old radio tower ruins were cool, hung out for an hour, then found a campsite lower down on the way out. Great hike with great views at the top