Doodletown Bridle Path Loop Trail

Doodletown Bridle Path Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bear Mountain, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Ehh. I might go again, a little earlier in the morning just to actually find this trail!! Lol got on the trail around 11am and got down around 3:30 but never found Bald Mtn! Trail markers are WEAK the further up the trail you go and even worse coming down. Rough, very rocky terrain. The view was beautiful up on the peak that we made it to but I would've loved to see it on Bald Mtn.. oh well, save it for another day!

I got there on a saturday around 10AM. there was only 1 other car in the small packing area across from where the trail begins. The trail starts on a incline and you pass by some historic spots with signs that tell you what used to be there. It was pretty icy going to the top of the mountain. Once you get to the top though. you get a amazing view. You go through a lot of rock scrambling which always makes the hike a lot more fun.

The hike is like a roller coaster by bringing you through hills up and down. Markers were easy to locate. I def would try this hike again in the summer when theres no ice.

Good hike, bit icy but what else would you expect for January

little ruins to start you off then onto a steep climb up and down. trail is very clear, didn't get lost this time

Markers and this trail map helped us not get lost. The trail was around 8 miles really. Beautiful walk through the woods. And a Challenge to get up to the timp and bald mountain but the views was well worth it, so beautiful. Once you walk past doodletown that's when the adventure begins and a lot of hiking on rocks!

A bit boring ..
Nice for a walk outdoors

I really enjoyed this hike! There are some steep parts that made it very tiring, but all in all a pretty enjoyable hike! Just that climb to Bald Mt was tiresome. The view from Timp was amazing! I really hated Timp Pass Road however. It was just walking on large rocks for a while. I took a detour to find Herbert Mine, but alas could not find it :( I pretty sure I found the trail that takes me up that way, but I went pretty high up before I gave up. I figured that I had gone too far and missed it. Next year, I will try again. Doodletown was okay. I didn't see very many people until later in the day during the second leg of my hike through Doodletown. That part went by very quickly as my hikemates were ready to get into the car.