Doodletown Bridle Path Loop Trail

Doodletown Bridle Path Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bear Mountain, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good hike, bit icy but what else would you expect for January

little ruins to start you off then onto a steep climb up and down. trail is very clear, didn't get lost this time

Markers and this trail map helped us not get lost. The trail was around 8 miles really. Beautiful walk through the woods. And a Challenge to get up to the timp and bald mountain but the views was well worth it, so beautiful. Once you walk past doodletown that's when the adventure begins and a lot of hiking on rocks!

A bit boring ..
Nice for a walk outdoors

I really enjoyed this hike! There are some steep parts that made it very tiring, but all in all a pretty enjoyable hike! Just that climb to Bald Mt was tiresome. The view from Timp was amazing! I really hated Timp Pass Road however. It was just walking on large rocks for a while. I took a detour to find Herbert Mine, but alas could not find it :( I pretty sure I found the trail that takes me up that way, but I went pretty high up before I gave up. I figured that I had gone too far and missed it. Next year, I will try again. Doodletown was okay. I didn't see very many people until later in the day during the second leg of my hike through Doodletown. That part went by very quickly as my hikemates were ready to get into the car.

Great hike but be careful when you get to the top of Bald Mountain- the trail is not clearly marked. Ended up taking a different trail down and taking the Doodletown trail as a separate hike. Both were great hikes. Doodletown was very interesting and fun to explore.

The hike ended up being 7.9 miles that took just over 4.5 hours, but still was a great day. I started on Rt 9 just before the road out to Iona Island on the Cornell Mine trail. This a good trail that takes you straight up to Bald Mountain. I hooked up with the 'RD' (Ramapo Dunderberg). Stayed on that that trail for approximately 2.2 miles & 1.5 hours until I reached the Timp Pass. Pay attention when on this section of the trail, the markers are very hard to find. There I turned right on an unmarked road for less than 0.06 miles & 3 minutes to cut over to the Timp-Torne trail and up to the West Mountain shelter. I took the Suffern-Bearn Mountain trail just after the shelter down the mountain to meet up with the 1777W trail which I took into Doodletown. The last trail home was the 177E through Doodletown back down to 9W.