David Weld Sanctuary Tour

David Weld Sanctuary Tour is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near St James, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

beach

Amazing!!

Absolutely beautiful even on a cloudy day

it's a shame that people had to ruin this hiking trail for others. I got a ticket because I didn't think it was a big deal to park there for a small hike after work but now I understand. People are idiots and ruin the nice things we have left in this world. please if you go here be respectful. but also just a warning YOU WILL GET A TICKET IF YOU ARE HERE PAST 5. Beautiful place, great hike, map is a bit confusing but other than that this place just needs a better place to park.

was able to get a spot in the parking lot. views of the ocean were beautiful and the park was very nice but when I got back to my car I had a parking ticket. no clue why!

Unfortunately there is only parking for 6 cars so couldn't get in. Alternatively we drove down to Short Beach and hiked passed this trail on the beach - amazing views.

Very Nice Park. Good Location And Enjoyfull Beach

Beautiful, simple park. Fantastic views of the sound. Beginner trail. Parking is an issue with only 6 spots and enforcement of no parking of street.

Be aware of the Nissequogue River cops. The park closes at 5pm, even though every other Smithtown park closes at dusk. The cops on their high horses will lock the gates any time after 5pm locking everyone inside with tickets on their windows. You will then have to call them, if you have reception, to open the gates back up.

Went this morning with my son. Great time and easy pace. Packed a day pack just to start to get into shape and it was well worth it. We walked all around it.
Get early only 6 parking spots and it's first come first serve.