Conklin Gully / Parish Glen Trails

Conklin Gully / Parish Glen Trails is a 1.6 mile loop trail located near Naples, NY and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

1.6 miles Loop

completely fantastic

hiked this twice: the signage at the lot provides zero trail information. (odd). we hiked the path to the right if the warer, which is a hill, only challenging because it is very very steep. we hiked up to the lean to and open field but the views were definitely not worth the work because the trail was really dull: wide enough for a truck and made of crushed stone. The hike got 5 stars though so we knew we had to have screwed up and we went back. HIKE IN THE CREEK BED. IT IS SUPER FUN! There isn't much water this summer and the final fall is not the reason to do the hike, the gorge is really fun. slippery in spots (duh) but we loved it. My husband and I are in our 50's, our kids are 19,18 and 16.

Gorgeous hike. Lots of places to explore along the way. Not too long, so you can do it any time of day (I started at 5:30PM). Few things I want to point out:

1) I don't think it should be "experienced hikers". there is no navigation involved or any skills. It's just very hard. The hill is very steep (per my Garmin-682ft of elevation over a mile). but definitely do-able. just follow the creek all the way up to the lean-to. You don't need a compass (unless you plan to go explore the many, many other little trails that exist off the main path).

2)about half way up, there is a creek crossing with blue markings you can take, this will take you to the other side of the gully. I suggest taking it on the way back. stunning views, takes you through a few small waterfalls, and makes the hike a hit longer (maybe another half a mile?).

3) If you do go the other way, some parts of it are VERY narrow, with a VERY big drop. Just be sure where you step.

Bottom line: highly recommend!

The creek bed was cool, wouldn't have been nicer if it wasn't so dry (same with the waterfall at the end. some challenging spots to navigate the slippery rocks but the views at the top of the actual trail were fantastic!

What fun exploring this trail! Easy to find and park car. Difficult finding my way in the snow but luckily there were foot prints left behind I was able to follow. Would love to try this trail again during the summer.

Beautiful, fun hike up the stream bed. Did not take the actual trail this trip.. maybe next time.

Great trail. My son and I hiked it over the weekend. Lots of fun and we geocached on the top. We plan to stop by again to take the other path near the falls.

One of my favorite hikes. Very isolated and a lot of cool little falls. There's some climbing involved so you'll want shoes with good grip. You will also have to walk through the water a few times. A moderately tough hike, but well worth it. I'd suggest hiking all the way up the creek bed, and then on your way back down there are rim trails that seemed pretty expansive; I pretty much stayed right on the rim but it seemed as though on either side there were quite a few branches to the trail that I will definitely explore my next trip out.

I went today just myself and my dog. The hike up was not bad. There were a couple tricky spots and some slippery rocks but very manageable. Lots of waterfalls, and much less crowded than grimes glen. Loved it.

I've been hiking through this area for years now It's a great spot and one of my favorites in the area. My wife actually has a pic of me on her desktop of me standing up on the top drinking some coffee early in the morning in the fall. Great place!

Fantastic 576 ft hike up and outlet through a stone carved riverbed. Very scenic, many waterfalls. Enjoyable on a hot summer day. Be sure to wear appropriate shoes, as some of the shale/limestone beds break away easily under footing, and very slick in spots with brown algae.