Conklin Gully 12 Falls Trail

Conklin Gully 12 Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Naples, New York that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August.

Great day hike with the extra treat on top of a fire pit / ADK Lean to and awesome view

This is a beautiful place to hike. Very quiet and peaceful. I spent a few hours there and only saw one other couple. It's definitely a challenge though and there are some slippery spots. I'll be going back again soon.

Awesome time going up the gully! I was lucky is been a dry summer as climbing up the waterfalls was pretty easy. Still probably the trickiest hike I've done this season.

A hidden gem!! The trail goes through the gorge, it's hard but a ton of fun! The trail is isolated, we encountered only two others hikers on our hike, so it felt like a wilderness adventure. Definitely worth checking out!

Great trail up and down the river bed. There's ropes to climb the waterfalls, but be prepared to get muddy and probably pretty wet...

This trail is not for the faint of heart. Doable but difficult. A great workout!

completely fantastic

hiked this twice: the signage at the lot provides zero trail information. (odd). we hiked the path to the right if the warer, which is a hill, only challenging because it is very very steep. we hiked up to the lean to and open field but the views were definitely not worth the work because the trail was really dull: wide enough for a truck and made of crushed stone. The hike got 5 stars though so we knew we had to have screwed up and we went back. HIKE IN THE CREEK BED. IT IS SUPER FUN! There isn't much water this summer and the final fall is not the reason to do the hike, the gorge is really fun. slippery in spots (duh) but we loved it. My husband and I are in our 50's, our kids are 19,18 and 16.

Gorgeous hike. Lots of places to explore along the way. Not too long, so you can do it any time of day (I started at 5:30PM). Few things I want to point out:

1) I don't think it should be "experienced hikers". there is no navigation involved or any skills. It's just very hard. The hill is very steep (per my Garmin-682ft of elevation over a mile). but definitely do-able. just follow the creek all the way up to the lean-to. You don't need a compass (unless you plan to go explore the many, many other little trails that exist off the main path).

2)about half way up, there is a creek crossing with blue markings you can take, this will take you to the other side of the gully. I suggest taking it on the way back. stunning views, takes you through a few small waterfalls, and makes the hike a hit longer (maybe another half a mile?).

3) If you do go the other way, some parts of it are VERY narrow, with a VERY big drop. Just be sure where you step.

Bottom line: highly recommend!

The creek bed was cool, wouldn't have been nicer if it wasn't so dry (same with the waterfall at the end. some challenging spots to navigate the slippery rocks but the views at the top of the actual trail were fantastic!