Claudius Smith's Den

Claudius Smith's Den is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tuxedo Park, New York that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is my opinion and each person that hikes is at their own level. For my hike I would see this as an intermediate hike rather than the hard classification it is given. There is some minor rock scrambling but by no means difficult. And the long walks between the more challenging rises and descents break up the hike which is why I rate it more of an intermediate than hard. At the tops of hikes the hikes the view is very nice and I hiked on a perfectly clear sunny day 1/1/2017) which enhances the view. Pay close attention to the trail blazes as there are many trails on this overall hike. I have started exploring this part of NY state for hiking and will continue.