Chimney Mountain Trail

Chimney Mountain Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Indian Lake, NY that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and rock climbing.

rock climbing

cave

Very nice trail

Really Steep trail but the veiws are really beautiful , especially if you climn the chimney. I couldn't find the caves unfortunately and I was a bit pressed for time , maybe next time.

This hike was amazing. It is challenging, but I think a moderate rating would be more accurate than hard. The view was gorgeous when I went in the fall. The caves were my favorite part of the hike, so don't forget a flashlight!

tough hike but well worth the effort. the caves at the top were cool and so was the view

It was beautiful but my group almost got struck by lightning and died. It took about 2 hours to hike up. The camping on top was perfect. It took about 45 minutes to slide down the mountain in the pouring rain. Scared me for life. Would hike again XD

amazing. loved exploring the caves. the way down there's so much to explore.

Amazing! My favorite mountain to hike.

fantastic formations and awesome view, tons to explore

It was a real challenge for non-hikers, but totally worth it!

Great hike, 12 year old and 3 year old sons loved it, fantastic rock formations

Love this hike. My personal favorite.

Was a challenging but very rewarding hike with gear, found eagle cave and enjoyed the amazing view from both sides of the gully, and summed it up with a beautiful night under a crystal clear sky

nice climb... great trail...

nice trail... solid incline.... makes u work

It was great! It was short but steep, but this is my favorite place to go for adventure