Cathedral Pines Trail

Cathedral Pines Trail is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Brookhaven, NY that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Beginner to intermediate single track. 6-mile beginner loop with additional 5 miles of optional advanced hill climbs.

to many roots and drops.

Awesome calm ride getting used to the trails. We'll be back

Trail was nice, but they really need to label the different trails more efficiently

I ride this trail so much in the summer. Its alot of fun. I cant wait to go again.

great place to get to if you need to get a bike ride in and out quick, a good workout there's a couple of nice Black Diamond areas where you do some nice climbing..

This was my first time with my wife on this trail and we like it. It is good for beginner although there are lots of roots, its not too hilly mostly flat.

Rode this trail today. Just started mountain biking and this trail was pretty competitive. A lot of mud spots but I'm sure on the drier days its better. Enjoyed the turns and hills but trails are tight. In my upper 40's so I will continue on this trail until I complete it. Overall I enjoyed this trail and for sure recommend it but not for beginners.

Rode it today last time was about 4 years ago. Took the fat boy. It's definitely a entry level trail yet a lot of fun only 3 climbs to speak of but non the less a good ride it's a good trail to keep a really good pace going all through out. Had a little trouble following signs to cover all the ground. Made a few u turns. It's a good trail to start the season off to get the legs warmed up. And handling back. Not my favorite but fun.

QUESTION: Former avid single track rider. Injured 4 years ago but finally getting back on the bike, actually it is recumbent trike with mountain setup. Ready to start trying easy / moderate dirt paths but I do not know if this trail is wide enough... my trike is approximately 2x width of reg bike. I have seen a lot of trails mismarked as single track or mpontain biking.

Thanks. Any other bent riders in the ny / long island area.

This is a great trail, it's certainly one of the nicest I've ran in a while. There are usually some cyclist but it's quiet and serene, definitely still a great place to run and well worth the hike. (no pun intended)

I used the hiking trail for a practice run with all my backpacking gear. Hiked about 5 miles. The hiking trails runs along side the bike trail. There were no hikers on the trail, but some bikes would go by . Trail is well marked and very peaceful

im new at mountain biking did th his trail today and really enjoyed it. im looking forward ti doing it again

I'm pretty new to mountain biking but I love this trail. It's challenging and fun. The main loop is only 4.2 miles if you don't go on any of the black diamond trails. A lot of fun downhills and logs to jump over.

This is a great beginner trail! It is also a fun ride for the more experienced biker. It has a few hilly areas, but it is the sand traps that will get you! I love the trick or treat cut, don't miss it!