Cascade Lake Loop (Red Trail)

Cascade Lake Loop (Red Trail) is a 1.5 mile loop trail located near Warwick, NY that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

38 minutes ago

Trail is rocky, muddy and rough. Save time and just wrap your ankles before you go! I've twisted mine on multiple occasions tripping on rocks and tree roots. Poorly marked, (got lost first 2x's I went). Still haven't found the falls, And the loop is more like 6 miles not 1.5. My advice is skip the loop, walk in the OPPOSITE direction at crossroads and go straight to the lake. The Loop is rough and nothing but trees, No view of the lake. BUT... The lake is beautiful, clean, quiet and a nice place for a picnic and a swim.

Overall it was a good experience. But the park was VERY confusing. I was looking for the water falls and couldn't find it. The lake is very nice and relaxing. The weather made the experience even better. There's a little area past the lake where you can hang out. I went up the trail afterwards and got lost and couldn't wait until I found my way back. Be prepared to do a lot of walking.

Pleasant trail but not very well marked. Some scrambling

Park is beyond address shown at the end of the road