Carpenter Falls (3 falls)

Carpenter Falls (3 falls) is a 3 mile out and back trail located near Moravia, NY that features a waterfall. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful trail but can be slippery in some steep spots. Well marked and easy to follow. One of the top three falls in CNY area.

Great hike well maintained and trail markers are very clear. there are some off trail areas you can use to get to waterfalls but the are very steep and you should have proper shoes for those.

I loved this hike and the waterfall!! it was a very well maintained trail and very well marked.

Good hike, steep but doable.

The falls are beautiful. One section of the trail was quite a work out.

Carpenter Falls is such a beautiful location. To get to the falls, you have to go down steep slopes. But fortunately, there are many branches sticking out of the ground to help you go down those slopes. I was only able to find two of the waterfalls sadly but, I'll definitely go again and look for the third.

Bring water

I love this place. I go there at least 3-4 times a summer. The easiest way that I take down to the bottom of the waterfall is by rappelling. The hike straight up grabbing one tree root after another to rappel again.

One of my all time favorite! There is one section that, to get down to the water, you have to climb down a pretty steep decline. However, it's doable.

This was one of my most favorite hikes ever!! I followed the stream all the way down. It was tough at parts but my dog got through almost everything. There are 3 large falls and several very good sized cascades. We took the trail back up. Nothing man made in sight! Just a trail through the woods.

Great time with the lady and doggy. Short hike, but the view of the waterfall on one end and the lake at another are great.

geocaching

Fun but short hike.

This waterfall is gorgeous and the drive to get there is on par as well. You can get right on top of the falls, and right to the bottom. The trail is a bit on the steep side so if it's muddy beware, but there's plenty of roots and branches to help with the climb. Trails run along the stream and through the woods lead all the way to the lake as well

very beautiful hike! went straight down to carpenter, got Right next to it got soaked, walked all the way down the creek saw many more waterfalls till there was a steep one that we cldnt get down. Then drove to the dead end and saw angels falls very very steep downhill to get to it but u can walk that creek as well all worth it!

If you take the trail to the east (right) just before going to base of the waterfalls, it will lead you to a small section on skaneateles lake.

The path directly to the waterfall is very short (less than ½ mile) and very steep. Once you reach the bottom you have to option of walking behind the water fall. I did and the rocks very slippery and the force of the waterfall strong. I also follow the water downstream for an incredibly creek walk. Its very challenging so take your time. The creek walk will take you to the top one of the waterfalls hidden. Again take caution when doing the creek walk.

On our water fall for the fall journey