Camillus Forest Unique Area Trails

Camillus Forest Unique Area Trails is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Camillus, NY that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

NYSDEC Forest Unique Area featuring a loop up a hill and through several environments. A hike through new growth forest, fields and a somewhat over grown scrub. The south-western portion affords an expansive view of Onondaga Lake and the west side of the City of Syracuse.

This should be rated as easy instead of moderate. I have hiked it numerous times by myself and also with a friend with a 3 year old, and he did fine.

I am definitely going to try trail running on this next.

Beautiful little park,lots of variety of plant cover. Great for birding and botanizing. Over three hundred foot elevation change makes for fun xc ski runs. Winter is my favorite time to enjoy CUA.

Very nice trail with beautiful distant views. Trails not well marked and many cross trails and forks make it easy to become disoriented. Convenient location and plenty of parking available on Thompson Rd..

There were some nice old trees to see, but we spent a good deal of time walking around a meadow. Not my cup of tea!

nice little hike in the middle of a busy village

It was a good hike, especially with the dog. It was very close to home, which was nice and it had some amazing views from the top of the hill. The trails need a bit more maintenance as some of them are extremely overgrown, but othwr than that, it was a nice hike.

Good Trail. We went on with shorts. We felt should have come with full tracks as trail has knee height gross for some long

First time in this area even though I've lived 30 minutes away for 20 years! Beautiful on trail 5! We only wish we had more time today to explore all the trails!

i like the random cars and metal structures that we came across hiking. nice exercise and a few muddy areas this early in the summer but the dog still did fine

Good hike

It was a great trail with son,niece and nephew and my dog loved it. Can get a bit muddy in some areas so be prepared. A great fast hike

Hiked Trail #3 for two miles. The trail was severely overgrown and, given the difficulty in following the trail through the brush, not adequately marked. It was also fairly wet in some areas so due care should be taken for marshy ground. That said there were many birds and insects to be seen. I didn't notice any larger mammals like possum, raccoon, deer or the like ( I made quite a bit of noise forcing through the brush) but I'm certain that in a 355 acre area there were some.

boring

A little muddy in parts but overall a great hike with my dog

Great trail to hike

Hike here 1 or 2 times a week. Love it in all seasons. Posted a couple of winter pictures I took while hiking on 1/15/15. Hope to get shots from all seasons and will try to post some here.

Did the full loop today with my dog. Good time. Definitely squishy in some sections right now, but ask any farmer around here and they'll tell you the same thing: The ground is soaked. I would love to know how the car got in there.

Beautiful four mile loop with meadows, shrub land, and both young and old growth forests. We did the long four-mile loop, and found the trail to be very well marked. Lots of birds, I'll be back without the dog to do some birding later. Just be warned, it is rather muddy in some places, and the trail can be slick on a few downhill spots.

Kid friendly