Blue Mountain Trail

Blue Mountain Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Mountain Lake, NY that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Challenging steep trail but worth the view from the firetower

Great hike.

it was a could hike. some good incline really enjoy the beauty

My husband and I and our three kids (ages 9-13) had a nice hike! Some areas of the trail were challenging, we were able to make it to the top in an hour and 40 min. With plenty of rest stops. Quicker on the way down around 1 hour and 20 min.

So hard, didn't think I would make it. Seriously there were times during this trail's steep parts where I questioned if I wanted to climb more mountains. Ultimately, it ended up encouraging me to get in better shape. Now I know how tough mountains can be. It's strange that Kane is rated Moderate/Difficult, but Blue is not. I would think this is a difficult mountain.

challenging for two fat people. Just getting back into hikeing. need to watch your footing.blew out my ankle on a similar trail. should have a walking pole. but we'll worth the climb. bring lots of water.

A great day hike, steep and rocky on the bottom half, steep, smooth rock on the top half. Summit has an interesting history that can be told by the in-residence Summit Steward from mid-June through mid-August. A relatively short hike but one that requires a degree of fitness, plenty of water, good footwear and trekking poles are helpful. Summit views are mostly obscured by pines but the 35' fire tower is solid and offers 360 views including Mt. Marcy and Algonquin.

Blue Mountain is a great trail. The views when you reach the top are fantastic. It is pretty strenuous at the top but well worth it. Be aware if the weather is cloudy you may not be able to enjoy the views when you reach the summit.

Pretty overlook. Fire tower at peak was nice bonus. Summer summit guide provided a lot of info on what you were seeing!

Nice challenging hike I completed with my 9 year old daughter right before school started! Definitely challenging - there was some steep parts where we had to scramble, but we took our time and were rewarded with wonderful views from the top. Rocky and very steep at parts, but a lot of traffic, even later in the season. I will absolutely be hiking this again.

Went with a friend 7/2/16 and it was a great trip. Very steep and slippery in areas all the way up and down. Would love to hike again but definitely won't forget my trekking poles. Cloudy day but clear visibility at the top and plenty to see along the trail.

Great hike. little rainy and slippery.

Awesome hike on the first day of Summer! Trail was dry and view was spectacular! There's a Steward on site for two months. She'll point out sites from the top of the tower and history of it too! A very nice hike but worked up a good sweat to do it, but worth it

great tricky stepping but will def get your heart rate up.. we went it was slick so be careful on rocks 95% is ascending and scrambling over rocks but the view from the tower was worth every step.

I did this hike with my 12 year old son, and it was a nice, fairly easy hike, but unfortunately the views were not climactic. We enjoyed exploring the mountain though and meeting people at the summit. The fire tower allows for nice views though. We are starting our goal of hiking the 46 together. Happy trails beautiful people!

The start of the trail looks like an old road then the path turns real rocky. You have to watch your footing as you're hiking. The last part of the ascent is where the trail gets real steep. There was a lot of people on the trail today.

great easy hike, great view