Black Rock Forest Trail

Black Rock Forest Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cornwall, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

skiing

Take Route 9w to the forest on the left northbound, right southbound.

participated in a great trail/mountain race here. Trails are technical and there are several vistas despite the lower peak heights.

Overall A pretty nice hike . The reservoir was pretty and you get a nice overlook at the top. I found it to be pretty tough at point I took a few guys with me who don't really hike and they had a hard time with it. Like I said cool veiw but not nearly as good as many of the surrounding hikes. If youve done most of the near by hikes and are looking for something new I'd certainly try it out . If you haven't done Storm King mountain I'd go there first

Great trail Hard to keep track with 23 separate trails Great scenery The first snake my buddy almost stepped on by accident was garter or rat snake The 2nd one was a timber rattlesnake Just keep your eyes on the ground when you hike

This was a nice varying hike. I only did a part of it, but will go back to do more.

Nice quiet hike, not very busy. I did run into a rattlesnake on the trail at the beginning of the hike, so be careful. Not sure if this is an area with a large rattle snake population, or just a one off.

very nice quiet trail.

It was a very nice day for a hike not to cold not to hot a little technical but nice views of the Hudson valley

Can be challenging or light walk depending on with path you choose. The road from the parking lot up to the reservoir is an easy walk and maybe a little under a mile and has an opportunity to overlook the Hudson Valley along the way... Stunning view. The lake at the top is so peaceful and quiet.

The second time we went on the white trail which was quite a workout.. My gosh !! Steep uphill trail which just kept going all the way to the top. There aren't really any areas that allowed any overlooks but the forest itself rises and falls and the trees are beautiful. Lots of wildlife to see along the way. You are totally engulfed in the forest on that trail. We didn't run into anyone on that trail and it was a Saturday. We went from the parking lot to white trail then to the lake and took the road back to the parking lot. About 4 miles.

Fantastic! Great hike, great view. Quiet, beautiful hidden gem.