Black River Wild Forest Nick's Lake Trail

Black River Wild Forest Nick's Lake Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Old Forge, NY that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

canoeing

beach

One of my favorite hikes!

Hiked the loop trail starting at the Bisby Rd trail. The only problem is the trail fades out when we got into the nicks lake campground. Then when we reached the beach to get back on the trail the U.S. A no pet sign. We had two dogs with us. We walked as far off the beach as we could until we could find the trail again.

Well my girlfriends and I were looking for a short hiking trip while the guys were golfing so we stopped at nicks lake asked the young man who worked there how long it was around the lake and he said 3 miles!We decided we could tackle it .....well we started out having a great journey that turned into being rescued by one of the workers!, never so happy to see people! Was a beautiful walk just wasn't expecting it to be over 5 miles! We made it back to beach area and enjoyed a few drinks to celebrate are accomplishments.