Belfrey Mountain

Belfrey Mountain is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Witherbee, NY that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and snowshoeing and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Easy 0.8 mile RT hike on a wide access road to a firetower with a nice view. At 1840 feet, Belfry Mountain is a short hike (0.35 miles) to a summit of only 1840 feet but it offers a great view. The trail consists of a service road that is used for the communications tower at the top and the firetower.

Incredibly easy! Google maps are horrible sometimes, when you get off 87 and onto Tracy road, follow it to a stop sign and take the left on Dalton something road/ County Route 70. The parking area is up ahead shortly on the right. Again, very easy.

8/26/16~75, mostly sunny. Parking lot is on the opposite side of the trail. Slight incline on a dirt road which turns into a trail right before the tower. Stay to your left, as there are some turns to your right that go no where. Trail is not marked. No bugs, no wildlife, 2 women on the trail, is the only people I saw. Quick hike but worth it when you get to the tower. Took my dog with me, total of .82 including going off the trail.

Easy hike for children. Good view from the top. Incredible views from the fire watch tower.

Super easy climb, barely a hike. Takes about 10 minutes at a slow pace. Great views, especially from the fire tower.

Completed this as part of the firetower challenge. Has to be the easiest hike ive ever done in my life. I wouldn't even call this a hike. you walk up an access road. took us 18 mins round trip and that was with climbing up the tower, taking some pics, and taking our time due to just hiking big slide mt right before this. (our legs were sore haha)

Beautiful day we went on tho, the foliage was gorgeous so the views were nice.

This was a quick and easy walk to do. The whole walk took me 15 mins round trip. The views in the tower were nice, but there's other towers around it. The day I went the view was a little foggy. I would say that this is a beginners trail to start on since there's minimal effort involved. I had to do this to get my fire tower badge.

Nice view and tower with minimal effort. Just a quick walk up an access road. Round trip took less than a half hour.

Very easy hike... about 10-15 minutes on a dirt road. Really just a walk in the woods. But nice views from the fire tower.

Great "hike" for a check off the list to earning your firetower patch! Beautiful view from the top of firetower but the firetower is covered in antenas, and cameras!

Very easy hike up a plowed road. No gear required. Excellent views for little work.

It's on the firetower challenge list and does have a descent view but I would hardly call it hiking. The surrounding area is also used for radio and cell towers so you basically stroll up a gravel service road/driveway a short ways to the tower, which also has some radio and weather equipment on it.

Great short hike in early December for a very rewarding view. Great for all ages.