Beebe Hill

Beebe Hill is a 1.7 mile out and back trail located near East Chatham, NY and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

fire tower, great views, easy hike Located near Austerlitz, Beebe Hill rises only 300 feet above the surrounding area. If you climb its fire tower though, you will be rewarded with great views. Begin by walking SW along the gravel road at the end of the pond. You can walk all the way to the top of the hill on this road. Instead though, take the foot trail that begins shortly on the right and which is a much more enjoyable walk. The trail, marked with red discs, passes through a mostly hard wood forest and climbs gradually to the top of the hill. After the sign-in register, you will cross a small creek on a foot bridge. You pass the "Chance of Thunder Lean-Too" and then a small pond (Opal Pond). Soon you are at the top of the hill. If you are not afraid of heights, climb the fire tower and enjoy the magnificient views. The Catskill mountains are clearly visible to the south. Return by the same trail.

easy, nice, beautiful view:)

Very easy trail. Nice view from fire tower.

Perfect for 6 and 9 year olds!

I love this trail, my family and I use it atleast 2-3 a week during warm weather months. It is great for dogs. There is a small pond located near the top of the trail, by the firepower. There is also a cool campsite area with a lean-to and a fire pit if you are looking to camp. I have not explored any of the side trails yet, just the main foot path.

Good hike! About 45 minutes from Delmar. 2 miles round trip. Cool fire tower.

Perfect. Short drive from my house. Easy walk, and great view to the end. Kids loved it.

Short hike at about a mile to the fire tower. The views are great about 2/3 the way up the tower. If you do not like to climb towers there are no views. There are also a few other trails around the parking lot that gave me 3 miles total and a pretty old burial ground. Nice little hike that took me about 1.5 hours with my additional trails.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL views! I went up there for sunset and I must admit, without question, was the most beautiful sunset I have seen in my entire life! Just make sure you leave the fire tower around 8, or else you will be caught in the dark on the way down! Took me a little less than about 20 minutes to get to the top. Very easy hike, highly recommend for families!

This was a great hike. My girlfriend and I decided to do this one on a whim.
Despite the fact that there is a sign that says to climb the fire tower at your own risk - it is very stable and worth climbing. The view is great.
The overall hike was easy, not too steep. We were up and back in just over an hour.
Here is our trip log from the hike that has pictures and some helpful information:

Short but good hike. Slight uphill on the way to the tower. There is a lean-to hidden off the trail. Didn't get to go up the fire tower because a large group of people ahead of us and we were on a time schedule. But looked nice!

The views from the fire tower at sunset were outstanding.

Enjoyed this short hike with a group of friends including 5 kids - great views for such a short hike. Perfect for families.

I hike and backpack all over (even ADK High Peaks) whenever I get a chance. What a gem and practically in my back yard! It's super easy for me-but would be perfect for my autistic daughter. The fire tower affords stunning views and must be spectacular at peak leaf peeping season. If you park at the westernmost lot off 203 (Stonewall Rd to Engle Rd), it's a .5 mile gravel road hike to fire tower-and not more than .25 miles to lean to. Perfect for beginner backpacking, (hiking or anyone that wants less strenuous quick hike), as from this entrance it is only a 300ft elevation climb. Plenty of tent space around lean to-and a big fire pit. I'd stay tonight if I could. Can't wait to come back and spend a few days exploring the trails here and at Harvey!!

Short but still challenging hike. Beautiful and fulfilling views from the top of the firetower, totally worth it.

Short trail, but a great view from the fire tower at the of the trail.

Very nice and short trail. Great for beginners. The fire tower is a must. Some great views of the mountains. Really nice. Will be doing again.