Bear Mountain Trail Cranberry Lake Campground

Bear Mountain Trail Cranberry Lake Campground is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cranberry Lake, NY that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November.

canoeing

beach

2.4- mile loop trail with access to a larger trail network. The 5 Ponds Partners have created the "Cranberry Lake 50" or CL50, a 50 mile loop hike. This trail begins at a parking area adjacent to Campsite 27 in the Cranberry Lake campground and ends in Loop IV of the campground. Several vistas overlook the lake from the mountain. There is a lean-to that is located 0.6 mile from the parking area.

My kids aged 9, 8, 7, and 3 1/2 at the time didn't enjoy it as much as I did. The 3 1/2 yr old had to be carried most of the way... the 7 year old stumbled a lot... and the other two grumbled endlessly. Maybe if they were a tad older they would have enjoyed it more. I loved it though.. the few views to be had were quite amazing! All told we did the entire loop from our campsite (22) from closest TH to end TH and back to our campsite in 2 hours. Not bad I'd say!

Fairly easy trail. Great for a morning or afternoon hike. Well maintained and marked. Excellent lookout from the top. Children 8 and up should have no problem.

View was ok. Hike seemed to go forever. Apparently my track recording didn't want to work properly. I can tell you I definitely didn't go in a straight line or start at top

Well-marked trail, nice steady incline, great lookout. From campground entrance, the round trip is 4.4 miles.