Barnes Creek Three Falls Trail

Barnes Creek Three Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile loop trail located near Canandaigua, NY that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

difficult to find the trail at first.....but mostly because of the fallen leaves, which made it pretty slippery... but the waterfalls were totally worth it.

lots of fun remember keep going to get to the good part

Great for kids with water shoes!

Great hike. Dangerous and slip hazard. Taking a dog is not a great plan. Other than that, great for older kids! Amazing waterfalls!!!!

This was a pretty nice hike. There was some climbing involved but nothing that felt sketchy as there were always good foot and hand holds or ropes to get you up. My one complaint is that it was short; you run into private property pretty early on and while I did hike some ways up this I eventually turned back because of how many signs there were. The water was low when I went so it was really easy to hike right up the creek bed, and with boots you can easily stay dry. I'd recommend this if you're looking for a quick gully hike, or as a great cap on a day of hiking if you go to one of the nearby trails first and finish with this one (Conklin Gully or Grimes Glen.)

geocaching

Beautiful and Adventurous.

I didn't use the trails, I just hiked the creek bed ignoring the "private property"signs, If you stick to the creek bed I think you'll be fine however I would advise wearing reflective clothing during hunting season, otherwise stay in the park boundaries.

I quite enjoyed walking in the water, I suggest water shoes so you can just enjoy yourself and not worry about getting shoes/socks wet.

I followed the creek bed up to the culverts at Seneca road. You'll come to a fork, if you take the left one you'll see a giant granite cube where water from a culvert dumps into from above, if you climb up and over this granite block there's a bee farm just to the left on Seneca Road, I saw some bottles of honey for sale which felt like a prize to me. Taking a right at the fork will take you to another culvert with some nice creek bed areas along the way. I saw lots of frogs and shrimp? once past the private property signs.

At the second waterfall, it looks formidable to climb, but it's really not that bad. Just use the roots of the tree to climb up, at the top there's a narrow path that leads around the fall. I wouldn't do it with a dog or something, but if you're in reasonable health it's not as dangerous as it looks from the ground.

Hope this is helpful to people :).

Such a beautiful place to hike! My friends and I really enjoyed it. We climbed 2 of the falls and reached the 3rd. An amazing experience for sure! Can be a little slippery in places (as to be expected) so just take caution.

Used the rope to pull myself nearly to the top...didn't make it all the way up via the falls because I was slipping, but it felt great to get as far as I did! Beautiful park.

My friends and I climbed to the top fall and it was a blast! Just be careful! I had to admit I was laughing at the rope they had there, which looked like bailing twine, that you DO rely on when climbing!!!

A comfortable place I know well! Often traveled; many paths.

It's a great trail...well it's better if you walk the water way instead of the trail. It was way more scenic down there. It was a great walk.