Azure Mountain Trail

Azure Mountain Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near St Regis Falls, NY that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

ice climbing

rock climbing

skiing

I completed this hike as a part of the Firetower Challenge. In mid-November, I found the trail in relatively good shape, muddy and slick in places, but not overly difficult. This ascent is labeled as difficult, however it is relatively easy compared to some in the Adirondacks-- a strenuous hike to the top none the less. The one-mile trail was relatively short, offering an amazing view of the ST. Regis Canoe Wilderness area from the top. Make sure to bring your rock to offer it up to the rock pile at the summit! Overall a great hike and worth the effort.

Was a cardio straight up hike. View at the top was worth it.

Loved it. Went with my kids (10 and 7). Strenuous and lots of breaks, but definitely worth it!

My favorite trail close to the school. Don't forget to bring a rock to the summit. The summit undergoes some erosion.

I love the idea of carried rocks to the top :)

Short, steep trail. It has a great variety of rocks and trees to look at as you ascend. The views from the fire tower are beautiful, and the ledge of the summit is great for exploring for additional views. The trail is very well marked and has easy footing for all hikers. I was there early and as I was descending, there were many hikers entering the trail. Parking can be tricky, so I would suggest backing into the parking spot you choose to make for an easy exit.
As an overweight, novice hiker- this was challenging but a rewarding hike.

Fantastic hike - short but challenging! The views from the summit are worth the work!

Great but steep, fantastic views

Azure Mountain was on my Bucket List for 6 years and I climbed it on my 56th birthday with my best friend. What an awesome climb! It was challenging but doable. And the view from the fire tower ..... wow! It was so worth the climb! I can see where the trail would be very tricky on a wet day.
Thank you Azure for the best birthday I can remember!

This was a really challenging hike for this 65 yr old lady. But I took it slow and rested often and eventually made it to the top. Absolutely stunning view and so worth the climb. The trek down was only slightly easier as it's steep up and down. I definitely rate this a hard climb but doable if you take your time.

Azure is always a great Hike! It's challenging for sure, but the views at the top are worth the tough hike

We have walked this mountain over 15 years about 10 times its hard but worth the view at the top

This trail started out flat and quickly became steep. Parts of the trail had a lot of roots exposed, so watch your step as you're hiking. The deer flies were very much out and flying around me while hiking. The views from the summit were very nice. Don't forget to bring up a rock with you when you hike this trail.