Awosting and Castle Point Trail Loop

Awosting and Castle Point Trail Loop is a 9.3 mile loop trail located near Kerhonkson, NY that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, birding, and cross country skiing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Castle Point is a nice wide well groomed Carriageway in Minnewaska SP starting off the Lake Minnewaska loop. The highlight is Castle Point which offers panoramic views of Wallkill Valley, Sams Point, and the Catskill Mountains. Continue on to Lake Awosting which is a quiet large mountain lake which in late spring, early summer is surrounded by mountain laurel.

I've been here every weekend for the past few weekends. It's my favorite place to disappear off to. Amazing views. Great trail. I'll be back. Yet again. To hit any trail I may have missed. Castle point was closed for Reno, so I'll be back for that.

One of my favorite places to go. Been there hundreds of times and never get tired of it. Great trails. Great views. Lots of options.

Moderate walk to the lake, perfect for mountain bikes. Great beach in the middle of the lake. Due to the fact that is only accessible by foot or bike the lake is not crowded.