Winsor Trail

Winsor Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Santa Fe, NM that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

A beautiful trail to hike!

The Winsor Trail is actually a national scenic trail that can be accessed from several trailheads. The first is in the town of Tesuque, next from the Santa Fe Ski Basin, and finally from the town of Cowles. About half of the trail goes through the Pecos Wilderness and provides access to about three alpine lakes and Winsor creek. This is one of the most beautiful trails in the area, and it has incredible fall aspen displays. I highly recommend this hike.

Amazing system of trails. I'm a complete amateur when it comes to hiking, but we were in the Santa Fe area and wanted to explore a bit. We started off in the dried up creek bed about a mile? maybe 2 miles? West of the main entrance of Hyde Park

I have biked the Windsor for 14 years now. Always a thrill, many shallow creek crossings make this trail a jewel.

A multi-level trail for hikers of different ages and skill levels. I have never the whole system so I have plenty of new trail segments to try.