Winsor Trail

Winsor Trail is a 10.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Santa Fe, NM that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

10.9 miles 398 feet Point to Point

beautiful!

Beautiful but tough. I love the aspens, though.

Start from parking lot Ski Santa Fe - at trail head you begin with a series of switch backs - was (for me) the most difficult part of this trail (especially since it was was our first day at altitude) - you gain a saddle and fence/gate - the Winsor continues thru the gate - trail evens out nicely from here and is nice brisk walk - we stopped at bridge crossing pretty stream (and also point where the Winsor meets with the trail going up to Nambe Lake) - we had passed a backpacker coming out who told us the trail to Nambe was "a bitch" - so, we elected (on our first day hike in the area) NOT to try that part of the trail - lots of beautiful trees, very well maintained trail, you'll see lots of hikers due to the popularity of the area - you'll LOVE it!

From the Nordic Ski Trail, we snowshoed downwards. It nice winding trail, through some beautiful valleys and evergreen pine trees. The snow was new and fresh allowing us to form our own tracks. When not in the sun it can be cold, but that was not often. Now we hiked down three miles, going back up was a work out. great for winter shoe shoeing and any other time hiking!

I've done this trail several times. Ive done it three times in January this year. You need spikes for the ice at the start of trail up at Ski Santa Fe. Nice igloo on the hike

Definitely need snow shoes if you go this time of year..I couldn't pass half way due to ice....very fun though...looking forward to go on spiky shoes or on a different time of year

The overview states it's primarily used for "hiking and Mountain biking", but most of this trail is in the Pecos Wilderness Area and bicycles are prohibited there. It is a great hiking trail and it hooks up with other trails in a wonderful wilderness.

This trail is very busy during the summer months. About once a year, I get up there on my horse and clear branches and debris from the trail. Expect lots friendly locals with dogs. Views are awesome from Puerto Nambe.

Awesome run if you don't mind getting wet.