Travertine Falls

Travertine Falls is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tijeras, NM that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Short forest hike to waterfall. Great for kids. Beginning of S Crest Trail 130 from Canyon Estates. Easy .5 mile hike to waterfalls. Easy for kids - can also go to the top of the falls to explore and continue hike up from there.

I really enjoyed this hike. It is not difficult at all you pass cliffs, lower mountain scenery, and reach the fall. It's more of a drip but there is a cave and it's really nice.

easy hike. I'm out of shape, and it was an easy hike for me. The falls still had water rushing over them! Trail is wide, but lots of loose rock. Also, lots of Cacti....right on the trail...caution if you bring kids or dogs. Very popular trail, yet we only saw a few people.

A short nice walk

Always something new, great trail!

beautiful trail. first time out and was time well spent. definitely going again. the waterfall is peaceful, especially with the hummingbirds surrounding it

Beautiful and unique destination. Trail is very sunny, so go early or in spring or fall. Nice grove of trees at water source is a nice place to relax.

Fun trail. Easy for kids to get a nice little splash.

very pretty trail lots of fun go early to avoid the heat!

Interesting trail

Nice little trail. Although the falls are more of a trickle we still enjoyed it. Did a bit of geocaching on our hike and my daughter enjoyed it as elk.

Great trail! A little difficult going uphill if you aren't used to the altitude, but totally worth it. Much easier making the trek back down.

Cool little trail. Waterfall is very small, but beautiful because of the green that contrasts the surrounding rock. My boys looked in the cave at the bottom and climbed up the rocks next to the falls. We followed the trail to the source where water just trickles out of the ground. Lots of poison ivy at the source, though...I was glad for the warning from a previous review!

Great little trail. Beautiful shade areas;.

Above travertine at the source of the spring there is poison ivy. Teach the kiddos and adults before heading up. It's a beautiful area.

took my 3 year old and my wife both were able to do this with minimal effort