Travertine Falls

Travertine Falls is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tijeras, NM that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until October.

Short forest hike to waterfall. Great for kids. Beginning of S Crest Trail 130 from Canyon Estates. Easy .5 mile hike to waterfalls. Easy for kids - can also go to the top of the falls to explore and continue hike up from there.

Beautiful and unique destination. Trail is very sunny, so go early or in spring or fall. Nice grove of trees at water source is a nice place to relax.

Fun trail. Easy for kids to get a nice little splash.

very pretty trail lots of fun go early to avoid the heat!

Interesting trail

Nice little trail. Although the falls are more of a trickle we still enjoyed it. Did a bit of geocaching on our hike and my daughter enjoyed it as elk.

Great trail! A little difficult going uphill if you aren't used to the altitude, but totally worth it. Much easier making the trek back down.

Cool little trail. Waterfall is very small, but beautiful because of the green that contrasts the surrounding rock. My boys looked in the cave at the bottom and climbed up the rocks next to the falls. We followed the trail to the source where water just trickles out of the ground. Lots of poison ivy at the source, though...I was glad for the warning from a previous review!

Great little trail. Beautiful shade areas;.

Above travertine at the source of the spring there is poison ivy. Teach the kiddos and adults before heading up. It's a beautiful area.

took my 3 year old and my wife both were able to do this with minimal effort

Great trail, beautiful. It's nice to see mud and water anywhere in the Sandias.

Great hike.

Great quick hike with young kids. easy to locate and follow.

This is awesome for kids, I back carried a 30lb baby and the 5 year old was able to keep up from start to finish. Now is a good time to go, we even got to see some iris in bloom.

Nice little hike, though a bit rocky. My dog loved it, and we both made some friends!

Very enjoyable. A good challenge for a 60 year old flat lander. But I enjoyed it as a short hike.

trailhead lady: you and the littles will love the hike. there are a couple small rocky patches of trail but otherwise smooth. decent but kid friendly gain. the falls are more of a trickle, but still good to see, and they're adjacent a nice little cave. have fun!