Trampas Lakes Trail

Trampas Lakes Trail is a 11.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Chimayo, NM that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

rickiwr than expected.
gorgeous trail. when you finally reach the trampas lakes sign turn left.

Beautiful hike. According to my tracking it turned out to be around 13 miles. The hike is pretty difficult and is pretty much uphill the entire way. The sign at the top that is supposed to lead you to the lake has vandalized arrows pointing both ways to Trampas lake. My intuition told me to go left and I was right. We even saw a baby bear on the hike down.

Nice hike. Tree-lined all the way, so views are limited. On the trail at 7 a.m. and finished at 2:30. Felt longer than 11.3 mi. (8/25/16)

Decent hike up but very well worth it

Just got back from this hike. It was absolutely gorgeous and definitely should be done by all! Make sure to check out Hidden Lake as well. It's only a mile to the right from the Trampas Lakes sign. I stopped by the rocky slope and watched the Pika play around :) If done early enough, it can for sure be a day hike! Enjoy!!

I have backpacked this trail many times. It is a nice hike and a wonderful lake. I highly recommend this trail. Also there are huge fish in the lake, so any one up to carying fly fishing gear is in for a treat.