San Ysidro Trails

San Ysidro Trails is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near San Ysidro, NM that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

rock climbing

The "trail" we took was amazing and totally worth the boulder crawl! The trail is not clearly marked and the land is an atv/ dirt bike area. The flyer at the information post advertised a dirt bike trial tournament, so there were a lot of crisscrossing well worn trails that lead to this confusion. SO instead of going to the right to the actual trail we went left and found beautiful canyons. Stay away from the dried river bed it is a breeding ground of aggressive mosquitoes. The long walk to the trail head is an uphill hike on very loose sand.

The trail wasn't marked well. The canyon was awesome.

I've never run across anyone out there. I usually go during the week and in the winter months. One of the things I like best about the area is the ability to go wander the slots and off trail areas.

Nice area but it is a motorized trIAls (not a trIAls area) so there was about 60 motorcycles out there buzzing around when I was out there Sunday