Rim Trail

Rim Trail is a 18.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mayhill, NM that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until November.

18.9 miles 3568 feet Point to Point

Hiked it with our baby in a baby carrier. He did great and loved the scenery. We saw a couple deer and enjoyed the view of white sands at the end of the trail.

great hike today, got surprised by a hail storm - on July 9th, ONLY in New Mexico! Will definitely come back and do another stretch of it.

Great three miles with the pups

Nice trail and long. I haven't ridden in 25 years. What the "Hell" happened? Great trail to start it up again!

The trail had several beautiful vistas of the western peaks and of white sands. There were also several deer and elk runs along the draws into the nearby canyon. Overall a very nice trail

I only hiked about 1.5 miles around Sunspot but from what I saw I loved it. I would definitely go back! I even saw a couple deer.

Very well maintained, occasional views of White Sands. Just a fun trail, but pretty lonely.