Radium Springs

Radium Springs is a 0.6 mile out and back trail located near Las Cruces, NM that features hot springs. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

hot springs

This off road trail, hike is actually at the exit off of I-25 at Rincon, past Radium Springs, going North. Take the Rincon exit and when come off the freeway, turn right and follow the road around it will vear to the left and then you can see it start to climb a small hill. The trail is not really a trail, more like a hike up the small mountain. BUT! Well worth it if you are interested in petraglyphs. You can drive your vehicle up part of the road, if you have a 4 wheel drive you could probably make it up to the top. We stopped about half way up, and started exploring the canyon to the left. We found lots of petroglyphs all up and down this one area of what looked to be an old river bed. A very easy hike. We took lots of pictures..but I havent figured out where I can add them to this review. Look careful and you can find all kinds of petroglyphs along the rock walls of the old river bed. Someone tell me how to posts pics and I will, we have some really good ones.

scenic driving

This isn't a hike. Just an RV park. There are a few trails in the park but nothing spectacular.