Placitas: Las Huertas Creek

Placitas: Las Huertas Creek is a 4 mile loop trail located near Placitas, NM that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

4.0 miles Loop

Moderately easy trail with some nice views. Has quite a bit of traffic but still worth a visit, especially when you don't have lots of time to drive to a location. Nice views of the Sandias and Albuquerque

A nice route that is close to Albuquerque yet can feel miles away. A little route finding is required, but generally it would be pretty hard to get lost here. Scenery is about average, nothing spectacular. However I did stumble across several wild horses while wandering around - definitely a bonus. Of course the battery in my camera had died at that point! Such is life. Guess I'll have to go back again.

It is an easy trail that would be fine with children who can walk. There are some nice views of the Sandias too. There isn't tons of shade, so fall or spring is a good time to be out there.

This was one of our first trails we decided to hike. Definetly a great beginner trail. We had the trail all to ourselves and really enjoyed the quiet!