Pine Tree Trail

Pine Tree Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Las Cruces, NM that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Take water, there are no springs. Wear a hat and sunscreen.

Beautiful wild flowers and breathtaking views of the mountains. Lots of variation in scenery and terrain; several streams, lots of interesting rock formations, and tons of blooming flowers forming a riot of color. Our dog loved it too! Favorite hike in the Las Cruces area. Can't recommend it highly enough.

I enjoyed the trail, plus there's quite a bit of shade.

One of my favorites in Las Cruces!

I'm definitely out of shape! The views were incredible and so worth it!

Loved this hike. Our four kids became a bit tired during the elevation climb, but we had fun and the views are spectacular.

This is a real nice trail with stunning fews, I finished the loop in two hrs and would rate it in between light and moderate , just what I wanted to do that day. There is a $5 day pass fee and $7 for overnight per vehicle , The campground seems to be very nice too, Its 24ft max I believe and there are opening hrs , so read the sign on top.

Great loop!

Moderate hiking with beautiful views of the valley and the Organ Mountains. We did not see animals and flowers but the vegetation is green and varied. the streams should be beautiful after some rain.

awesome views and well maintained.

This trail is a hidden gem. I grew up in Alamogordo and saw the signs to turn off to this park and set of trails many times before I ever went in, during college. It turned out to be an easy trail with plenty of elevation change and great views. You may drive by and think it'll just be more rocks and brush, like the rest of the foothills of the Organ Mountains. It's not. There's greenery and wildflowers, and plenty of tree cover, once you get up a little higher. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Great hike with wonderful views and diversity. Very nice campsite at summit near sign. Also agree with other reviews it's not a place I would bring young kids.

So close to town make it a must hike.

Is a hard hike for kids very steep but beautiful

Beautiful hike! Crazy to see how much wildlife and vegetation is on the mountain especially when you come from El Paso and only think we have desert around us. Thankful for my hiking shoes since the trail was still icy and had snow in some parts, definitely helped with the slipping (or not slipping). Beautiful views of the peaks and streams. Kid and dog friendly just make sure you take water and some long socks. Will be doing this again.

It is harder than its easy rating. It's a great hike, but it's a bit harder than easy.

This has easily become one of my favorite weekly hikes. The drive there is completely sparse, but when you arrive you realize there are micro-forests at the mountain. It's great to have shade because the sun is always beating down. The trail is pretty easy if you pace yourself. There are a few areas that you have to step up rocks & back down...but my 73 yr old dad made it. The scenery is absolutely amazing, considering you're in a desert. The grandeur of the organ mountains is spectacular as you hike towards the base of them. The first half is has a lot of areas to explore & scramble.Close to the halfway point is when you get into the trees w/ lots of opportunity to rest in the shade. I like to keep a fast pace & scramble off the trail until the halfway point. There is plenty of shade, a fire pit & some logs to sit on. I like to eat my lunch, relax, read a book, then stretch for the second half. Make sure to look over your shoulder on your return-excellent views. Lots of tall, old pines on the way back before it gets sparse again as you wind your way back downhill.

great view of the peaks and valleys! I cant imagine a more perfect time to hike than during monsoon season (especially after a night of rain ). The air smells amazing, like desert sage and pine! wish I could bottle it up and take it with me. Also, beware of fire ants and rattle snakes (not hostile at all compared to the fire ants!)

Cool in the canyon. Lots of wildlife and the spring run until at least June. Great views. Even better that from the Pass. Take the trail to the Left around.

Beautiful green mountain with little streams going through it. About as different as you can get from any of the Franklin Mountain hikes.