Piedras Marcadas Canyon

Piedras Marcadas Canyon is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Albuquerque, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November.

The trails are very sandy down in the canyon and lava rock in the way sometimes.

fun trail

nice trail , easy

I really liked this trail. Yes, it begins next to a community and you initially see the buildings off to your left, but quickly it becomes its own little world and you are on your own on the sandy trail.

I chose this trail because it was less populated (and less graffitied) than the main petroglyphs trail in the national monument, and I am so glad I did. I saw only one other person.

There were 6 petroglyph locations in all. It wasn't too hard to find them (although they might not be spotted if you're not paying attention). However, each had its own marker and description.

The trail itself isn't well marked but I don't think it's possible to get very lost. I only made a slight wrong turn trying to find my initial entry point.

I did this trail in August and loved it. I saw my first petroglyph and roadrunners. I also saw jack rabbits.

Pretty boring. Surrounded by neighborhood. Great if you have small children

loved it

Fun easy hike for kiddos

Cute

It was really neat to see petroglyphs. Super hot for hiking, but the path is flat. Many rabbits and lizards crossed our path.

It was a great walk. I loved all of the petroglyphs!!

Pretty cool! Tons of petroglyphs. We climbed all over the rocks for hours. Great time.